Nestled in the heart of the beautiful, peaceful and historic Cotswold village of Asthall located just outside Burford. The Inn dates back to the 18th Century. The Maytime has six guest bedrooms, and the Restaurant and Bar are popular with destinations for diners and drinkers from far afield. The picturesque garden and terrace make this an ideal outside dining spot over the warmer months.
If you would like to be part of our truly unique business – we would love to hear from you. Please send us your CV today by email on [email protected].
Genuine development and career progression encouraged
28 days paid holiday (increasing to 33 days with length of service)
Wellness focused – employee helpline, voluntary health cash plan,
Access to hundreds of online discounts
Free food and drink available on shift
Daylesford Organic 30% discount from day 1
Team member of the month awarded £150 per month (added to your pay)
Refer a Friend Scheme Bonus up to £1000
Access to a variety of discounts on retail, restaurants, and cinema tickets
Milestone awards years 1, 5, 10, 15, 20+
Subsidised private medical insurance
JOB TYPE: SOUS CHEF
Job type: Full-time
Salary: Up to £35k /year plus great tips.
The Maytime Inn has a fantastic new opportunity for a Sous Chef, live-in may be available for the right candidate.
A great team is a happy team so we work hard to ensure our chefs can maintain a fantastic work life balance and whilst at work, we run a fun, fast-paced but professional working environment.
We are currently looking for a Full-Time Sous Chef to become part of our young, motivated and passionate team here at the Maytime Inn. You must be a people person and have a passion for providing great food with an emphasis on locally sourced, fresh food.
This is a great opportunity for a Sous Chef to make their mark amongst an award-winning and experienced team, in a well established and busy business, whilst maintaining a fantastic work life balance.
- Maintain high food hygiene and kitchen safety levels
- Assist the Head Chef with the daily running of the kitchen including cost control, food margin and labour costs within the kitchen
- Be a key team player in the organisation of the kitchen and business as a whole
- Take control of the kitchen during the Head Chefs absence
- Be an integral part of menu development
- Train and recruit new team members and strive to be the best and get the best out of your team
- Understanding and knowledge of food hygiene and kitchen safety
- A confident and self-motivated team player who is driven and willing to learn and progress in the industry
- Passionate about delivering consistently high-quality food
- Imagination and understanding of food and flavours to create innovative dishes using local seasonal produce to high standards
- Have experience of managing a busy kitchen and taking control in the absence of the Head Chef
- Be able to motivate the team during service, as well as the ability to manage the team to deliver the required standards of food, health and safety, cleaning and food hygiene.
- You must understand how your role contributes to the success of the business. Build effective and constructive relationships within the company whilst communicating clearly, professionally and concisely.
- Previous experience as a Junior Sous or Sous Chef
JOB TYPE: ASSISTANT MANAGER
We are looking for a passionate and experienced Assistant Manager.
This position is a Full time contract, 48 hours per week. Depending on experience a salary of up to £30,000 pa. Plus service charge is being offered, approx. £3-£5k. Live-in accommodation is available on site from £400 pcm for a double room, all bills included
As an Assistant Manager, you will be fully responsible for leading the service standards along with supporting the wider business objectives. You will report to the General Manager and work alongside the Operational teams.
You will be responsible for managing a small team, therefore previous experience with leadership is advantageous. You’ll be a natural leader and role model for your team willing to provide and share the ample experience and knowledge from your career in F&B.
- To work as a consummate host to our guests & residents
- To ensure the restaurant, pub and gorgeous garden are set up for the day, constantly checking tables and replenishing stock and maintaining standards, delegating tasks where appropriate
- To actively drive average spend per head, by identifying all opportunities for recommendations
- To maintain full knowledge of the menu, including beverages, and able to give detailed descriptions of the dishes, provide recommendations for guests and give accurate allergens advice
- To ensure effective shift management, leading and motivating the front of house team, delivering a seamless service.
- To manage the restaurant operations effectively, maximising sales through table turning
- Work alongside the kitchen & bar team on continuous development of food and beverage offerings
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date plan of restaurant staffing needs. Prepare schedules and ensure that the restaurant is staffed for all shifts whilst managing holiday requirements – ensuring Fourth is updated
- Line management of the restaurant team (incls absences, performance reviews, PDPs etc). Assist with recruitment when required
- To ensure all transactions are correct, including balancing floats, change, banking and cash reconciliation
- To highlight H&S matters to your line manager or appropriate parties
- To deliver and champion ‘REAL The Maytime experience’
JOB TYPE: FULL-TIME & PART-TIME FRONT OF HOUSE STAFF
Competitive rates of pay.
The Maytime inn has some fantastic opportunities for both Full-Time and Part-Time Front of House Staff.
- Providing exceptional standards of service to guests and residents
- Supporting the General Manager and Supervisor in the day to day running of the business
- Interacting with customers to take reservations and answer questions both face to face and over the phone
- A love for gin, beer, wine and great fresh food
- Previous experience preferable
- A passion for providing great service
- A confident, self-motivated, driven person willing to learn and progress in the industry
- Attention to detail and consistency in high-pressure situations
- Be reliable and willing to work hard to achieve your goals
- Show a level of flexibility and adaptability to meet the requirements of the role
- If this sounds like the next challenge you have been looking for and you are willing to play a key role in a hardworking, enthusiastic young team please apply now by sending us your CV
*Please note live in is not available. Due to our rural location, applicants will need to be able to arrange their own transportation*